3.25.2008

the darndest things...

after church, easter sunday.
"joshua, what did you learn about in your class today?"
"jesus' erection."
joshua has no idea what he just said.
josh is trying not to laugh.
"i mean...jesus' RES-urrection! the resurrection."
and joshua loves talking before bed.
after stories he'll ask "can we just talk for awhile?"
he's a real thinker. he asks great questions.
last night josh laid in his bed with him.
as usual they talked about whatever came to joshua's mind.
yesterday it was the tooth fairy.
"dad, is the tooth fairy married?"
"um...i'm not sure."
"does the tooth fairy have a body, or is she just a spirit?"
"well, i think she has a body..."
joshua, matter of factly: "dad, you dont' really know."
"where does the tooth fairy live?"
"i don't know bud..."
"that's okay dad. we can just look it up online."

11 comments:

Katie said...

What a cute kid! We miss you guys too. We might be coming your way in May for a friends wedding. It's May 16th, we'll let you know. We'd love to see you guys, it's been too long!

Sansego said...

I love that lesson he learned in Sunday School! Quite funny.

Keep blogging...you wait too long between posts (I check daily).

Great photo too.

Katie Goulding Sierer said...

I am cracking up...! Leave it to Joshua to make me die laughing!

brooklyn said...

oh my. those are CLASSIC! he's such a smart one~ i'll be anxious to hear more!

Tolly & Lennon said...

Can we talk for a minute?

I'd like to have a word with the Sunday school teacher preaching about erections on Easter. I mean, any other Sunday I could see...but EASTER?

Anonymous said...

You'll be glad you put these down here to always remember. I love this age and the funny things they say.
He truly is a crack up. But really you know you guys walk around at home calling each other "junkhead!"

Lis said...

Ok, THAT is awesome! Thanks for sharing! I love to know what wonderful things your boys are doing. Are they better yet or what???? We look forward to hanging out again!
Love you guys!

Unknown said...

Wow Janell! He really sounds like a know it all! I can't believe that first thing he said! Whoa that really surprised you I bet! You have such cute boys. Glad to hear you take the time to talk and listen to them. You'll be their best friends if you keep that up. I bet that will come in handy once they hit the teen years! Thanks for the great example. :)
-Leslie Wilson

AmyLyn said...

Janell! I'm glad you have a blog! It was fun to catch up--I especially liked your "Proud to be a Democrat" post! Your boys are TO DIE FOR...seriously so cute and all grown up. I can't believe Joshua's FIVE. Amazing. Excited to keep in touch
AmyLyn

Dan and Michelle said...

We really do need to get together, let me know what works best for you.

Anonymous said...

Heh, my 5 y.o. daughter just asked the same thing, "where does the tooth fairy live?". When I told I didn't know, "can we look it up online?". We did, and found your site! Other sites mention that she lives in a castle made of teeth, using the cleanest, whiteist, for her throne.